Want to try the sport and looking for coaching or an experienced paddler looking for paddling companions, the Pentland Canoe Club caters for all.
The Club offers activities all year round.
- Evening Training Sessions: Individuals can attend sessions in
Thurso Swimming Pool, where our qualified coaches will teach you
all the necessary skills in the safety and relative warmth of the
- River Kayaking: Trips to run or play on the rapids of local
rivers. These are events are normally on a Sunday.
Spring / Summer
- Evening Sessions: The club runs evening sessions on the sea at
Thurso beach. These include short sea trips; kayak surfing and
- Sea Kayaking: These normally take place at the weekend when there
is an opportunity to explore hidden caves and geos along the
“hidden Gem” of a coastline.
- Open Canoeing: Gentle trips on local lochs with an opportunity to
try some “canoe sailing”.
The Club can also offer individuals the opportunity to gain Paddlesport Awards.